Check out the following teaching resources for STEM education for English learners.
The list of resources is continuously updated:
- Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
- Project GLAD (Guided Language Acquisition Design)
- Fostering STEM vocabulary development in ESL students
- 100+ STEM Websites and Webtools for Teachers
- Using sentence frames, sentence starters and signal words to improve language
- Cutting to the Common Core: Making vocabulary No. 1
- Math and Science the Right Way
- Why STEM education and minority achievement gaps are interlinked
- Professional Development for Mobile Learning Improves Student Engagement and Interest in STEM Subjects
The list of references for federal- and state-level documents relevant to English Learner (EL) Education:
- Chapter 3 of the English Learner Toolkit (published by the Office of English Language Acquisition (OELA) in the U.S. Department of Education (published in April 2015). Click the English Learner Toolkit Here.